Forecasting & Portfolio Credit Risk Analyst
My London based and exciting, fast growing FinTech company are looking for a Forecasting & Portfolio Credit Risk Analyst.
- Develop the approach and tools to forecast arrears and losses within 5% accuracy level,
- Generate insights and make recommendations to ensure arrears and losses remain within appetite and budget,
- Generate insights and make recommendations to identify segments for profitable growth.
- Develop an own the provisioning methodology,
- Work with finance to ensure accuracy of numbers and adequacy of provision coverage.
Monitoring and planning
- Ensure all KPIs are within planned objectives and risk appetite by monitoring performance at segment level,
- Establish a trigger based approach to portfolio monitoring,
- Set monthly objectives for collections operations to achieve budget for arrears and losses,
- Track performance of collections staff and make recommendations for changes to staff mandates,
- Present recommendations to Executive Committee and Credit Committee.
KPIs: Risk adjusted margin, arrear ratio, write-off rate, payment success rate
Knowledge & Experience
- Highly energetic and entrepreneurial with the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment,
- Passionate about solving problems by analysing data and collaborating with other team members,
- Tertiary qualified in a quantitative field (math, statistics, physics, engineering, economics, finance etc.),
- Experienced in Risk management or Analytics in the financial services or related industry,
- Experienced in programming languages (SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Matlab).
- A university degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering) is essential
- A master’s degree in a quantitative / finance related discipline is desirable.
If you would like to understand more on this role then please contact Sam Luxton