Our brand new purpose-built care home in North Bar Place in Banbury, Oxfordshire, will open in Autumn 2017.
Highmarket House will be close to the centre of Banbury and will provide the latest in luxurious facilities, combined with high quality round-the-clock care. Our dedicated and skilled teams will offer a full range of residential and nursing care for older people, including short-term respite care, specialist care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, plus palliative and end of life care.
We believe that when a person moves into a care home they should be able to continue to enjoy the lifestyle that they always have - keeping busy, seeing friends, being pampered and enjoying great food. The only difference is that you, and your loved ones, can have the peace of mind that expert care is on hand 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
This role is all about co-ordinating all aspects of kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standard and that time deadlines are met
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
- To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
- To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximise their potential.
- To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company
- Purchasing policy.
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
- To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, inline with agreed budget.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
- To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
- To implement four weekly rota.
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
- To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
- To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
- To complete all staff personal development reviews.
Skills & Experience
- Significant and relevant high cover kitchen experience
- Day to day management of a kitchen team, including staff meetings
- Proven competency in nutritionally balanced menu planning
- Ability to cater for specific dietary needs
- Efficient ordering and record keeping
- Stock control
- Working within a budget
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Self motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Works collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times
- bility to maintain staff discipline and morale
- Has the ability to delegate stretching responsibilities to develop people
- Effectively builds trust with a consistent approach between actions and words
- Has the ability to raise standards through innovation and new ideas
- Will take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Catering Diploma (City & Guilds/BTEC)
- Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Certificates