Internal Sales Consultant - Banbury. £23,000 - £30,000.
Our client requires an enthusiastic sales professional in an office-based role, reporting to the Head of Sales. They are looking for someone who can provide a high quality customer experience.
The role entails both commercial and technical aspects of the sales process. This person must have a passion for selling, but must also be able to organise and plan the team sales activity
This person will sell products to existing and potential customers, working in close conjunction with an External Sales/Product Specialist.
- Maintain and grow the business with existing major accounts.
- Management of new sales leads, including qualification, response, recording and follow up with the objective of securing purchase orders.
- Working with external Product Specialist teammate where appropriate, and coordinating outcomes.
- Report to Internal Sales Manager, and work with her/him to maximise the resources of the Internal Sales Team.
- Assist external Product Specialist in making appointments and meeting the Sales Team targets.
- Send quotations, pursuing these to purchase orders.
- Liaise with technical colleagues and our Order Fulfillment Team to respond to customer queries.
- Meet with customers and prospects who visit.
- Maximise the opportunities from the existing customer base.
- Prospect for new customers within key target growth areas.
- Take part in monthly sales meetings.
- Negotiate pricing within predetermined parameters as agreed with the Internal Sales Manager.
- Report on competitive activity and recommend actions where deemed necessary.
You must have a science qualification, preferably to 'A’ Level as a minimum. Comprehensive and ongoing product training will be given.
You must also have excellent telephone manner, good computer skills, effective written and oral communication skills.