Care Manager, Domiciliary Care Provider
£18,000 - £26,000 DOE, + Bonus + Overtime + Package
Our client is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide care services to adults over the age of 18 in their own homes. They provide short call domiciliary visits, long visit care, overnight care, and Live-In Care services across Rother.
Their registered office is in Battle and they have a satellite location in Winchelsea which is a training centre and local staff drop-in office. They provide support to private clients, and those with funding Social Services, through Direct Payments and from Continuing Healthcare Services (CHC).
Due to growth within the existing care team and plans to expand the live-in care, palliative care and ABI teams there is a requirement for an additional Care Manager to share the duties by region and division.
To support the Registered Manager to ensure the care provision is of the highest quality. To maximise all external Health and Social care relationships to assist with the growth of the business.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, speaking with Service Users, Care Workers and other Health Service professionals
- Providing daily support to the Care Co-Ordinator to manage and cover uncovered visits due to staff sickness
- Carrying out Risk Assessments when required
- Attending care review meetings with Service Users, their families and Social Workers
- Booking District Nurses and GPs to visit with Service Users at home
- Assisting with medication management and alterations in MAR charts
- Assisting with the Recruitment and Induction of new staff
- Carrying out Spot Checks
- Working in a rota system to manage the out of hours On Call service
- Providing care as required by the needs of the business
This list is not exhaustive.
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent telephone manner and good command of English, both spoken and written
- Previous experience working in the Social Care or Social Work sector is essential
- Computer literate
- Core office hours 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with additional hours as may be required in the office or providing care when required, plus On Call out of hours service
This position will be based in Battle, with some time spent in Winchelsea and at Service User’s homes.
Please apply outlining your suitability for this role and your current remuneration package.