Location: Central Fareham
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent Part Time Post - 20 hours (WORKING PATTERN FLEXIBLE)
First suitable candidate appointed
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is a newly created part time role within a small but busy finance team. Reporting to the Management Accountant, you will be self motivated and able to work flexibly to carry out a range of duties to support the team's work. These duties will include sales ledger/credit control, cash and bank reconciliation, purchase ledger administration and employee expense claims.
You will have previous experience in a similar role with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, deal effectively with both internal and external customers, and establish and maintain co-operative positive working relationships.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Assistant Accountant will be:
• qualified to AAT level or working towards this
• able to work accurately and meet deadlines
• experienced, skilled and enthusiastic
• used to working in a fast paced environment
• excellent working knowledge of MS Office
• Strong time management skills
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• On site Parking and free tea and coffee!
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
What To Do Next
If this sounds like you’re ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible as we will appoint the first suitable candidate, so don’t delay, we want to hear from you! Please click 'Apply’ to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address and a contact telephone number. You will then be contacted by the recruiting manager if you are successful at the initial screening stage, who will talk to you about the position and ask a few key questions to make sure that this is the right role for you.
If you are successful during this screening you will be invited to an assessment centre and interview.