PMO (Project Management Officer)
Our client is a globally recognised, leading digital and technical agency based in Sunderland who are looking for a PMO (Project Management Officer) to join their rapidly growing team.
As a key member of the project management team, you will work closely within the Project Management teams to ensure that projects run smoothly and deadlines are consistently met; therefore your ability to communicate effectively is vital. Working alongside technical teams, Project Managers, Business Analysts as well as external clients, you will take ownership over the day to day running of admin duties involved in active projects. This will involve providing support where necessary to users and dealing with stakeholders in all parts of the business.
The Role and skills required
Essentially you will have:
- 5 years of experience, ideally within a digital setting, working alongside developers
- Knowledge and experience of liaising with tenders, able to assist management in the production of tender documentation
- An excellent understanding of budgeting and be able to make accurate budget estimates
- Good project planning and coordination skills, with the ability to create robust project plans, write up reports, and subsequently deliver the plan successfully and to a high standard
- A good awareness of risk and issue management and be able to analyse risk appropriately and accurately
- The ability to develop ideas based on clients requirements
- A flair for presenting information to tell a story and engage stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of business process change
- The ability to quickly get up to speed in a new project
- Good leadership as well as team working and influencing skills
- Experience of working with offshore suppliers
- Experience of managing numerous projects at one given time (both large and small)
- The ability to spot additional business opportunities
- Be knowledgeable and have experience of using Agile Development and how it can be adapted to provide more iterative ways of working and delivery early benefit
- Scrum master knowledge/experience (desirable)
If you are interested and think you would be suitable for this position, click "apply" below and one of our consultants will be in touch.