Accounts Payable Manager
This is a opportunity to work with a leading property consultancy and management company in the UK. The business is going through a phase of change and requires someone who has worked in a similiar industry and has experience using either Dynamics or Qube and project managing implementations.
- Manage the day to day workload of the Payment Operations, Corporate Purchase Legder and Service Charge Purchase Ledger and Utility Recharge teams and ensure all procedures are understood and consistently followed.
- Understand the team deliverables both internal and external.
- Set up, maintain and monitor procedures, control processes and KPIs to achieve these deliverables.
- Manage projects to improve the processes and procedures of the team and the department.
- Manage and develop a team of c.10 to achieve their potential.
- Ensure that the company adheres to the Prompt Payment Code with a goal of paying all suppliers within 30 days.
- Identify any problem areas and suggest any potential improvements that can be made.
- Lead the training and assist with the implementation of a new accounting system - Microsoft Dynamics.
- Initiate and lead a re-organisation to bring all accounts payable into one team.
- Oversee the workload for the teams and ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner, with no backlogs.
- Produce and implement appropriate KPIs to monitor performance of the department including monthly stats.
- Manage the supplier onboarding process.
- Maintain regular review and clear out of the bought ledger.
- Ensure all relevant data is input accurately into the service charge accounting system and to ensure that all service providers are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that reconciliations of supplier statements are performed and any issues resolved.
- Oversee the utility payment and recharge process to ensure recharges are accurate and timely and issues are communicated, identified & resolved.
- Oversee the weekly BACS run and any ad-hoc payments via CHAPS/Faster Payment or cheque.
- Ensure invoice/purchase order queries are raised and resolved by the building teams.
- Ensure that all internal and corporate invoices are paid by the due date.
- Monitor the approval of invoices, ensuring this is performed promptly.
- Support the accounts payable teams as required.
- Be the first point of contact for any queries that are escalated and resolve accordingly.
- Recruit, develop and train team members, as and when required.
- Set objectives and manage appraisal process for the team members in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure that Accounts Procedures Manual is kept updated and all team members are following the agreed processes.
- Review the system to ensure controls and records are adequate and appropriate. Perform housekeeping as required, for example archive/lock old suppliers.
- Ensure controls are appropriate at all stages of the process.
- Work with other sections of finance to resolve internal issues and ad-hoc queries efficiently.
To be considered for this role, you must have worked in a similar industry and have solid Accounts Payable Management experience, working for a reputable business.