Energy Principal Regulatory Consultant
My client is a governance, compliance and risk organisation mainly focused on the financial services sector. However, they are moving into utilities (Energy) and need a Principal Consultant to take them on their journey. This exciting position of Energy Principal Regulatory Consultant will join an already established Advisory Services team focusing on the Energy and Utilities (Telecoms and Water) market. You will be required to assist clients in order to protect and enhance business value by identifying and managing regulatory compliance risk. The Energy Principal Regulatory Consultants provide a unique integrated service that combines insight and innovation with in-depth regulatory experience that ensures firms remain fully compliant while delivering positive customer outcomes. The core focus is the delivery of consulting assignments working both as a member of the organisation or mixed organisation/client teams on client projects.
Consultants liaise with clients to ensure regulationcompliance whilst providing real business solutions and are tasked with:
- Be an ambassador for the client across the industry and lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholders' relationships.
- Responsible for identifying, initiating and assisting sales bids and other business development activities.
- Act as assignment manager on large and complex projects whilst supervising large teams, having responsible for quality, profit and project planning and engagement risks. Responsible for implementation of standards in risk management, cost control and resource utilisation.
- Play an active role in client account management with client organisations.
- Advising clients on risk management, governance and culture, operational change, process re-engineering, people development and change management.
- Leading the delivery of consulting engagement, including management of stakeholder relationships, work stream outputs, final reports.
- Comply with standards for the Regulatory Consulting Team on risk management, cost control and resource utilisation.
- Expert knowledge and experience in regulated retail conduct risk related issues.
- Comprehensive and detailed understanding of retail energy regulation including both current and emerging issues affecting firms and its approach to supervision.
- A strong track record of leading consultancy teams and consulting projects.
- Experience of liaising at a senior level to form strong working relationships and facilitate the running of consulting projects.
- Broad knowledge of UK energy industry, including regulation, market and competitor activity and industry trends. Additional experience in financial services and financial crime risk, telecommunications or the water industry are beneficial.
- Experience of translating operational requirements into delivery solutions.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong project and organisational skills.
- Holder of relevant qualifications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.