MEP Design Manager
MEP Manager - To £70K + Package
A major international property developer and investor are looking for a commercially aware MEP Design Manager to oversee the design development, construction, project management and handover of a £1B+ mixed used waterfront development in Central London.
With PC expected in 2020 this role will provide the MEP Manager with employment security, a fast paced and challenging role and extensive autonomy.
This is a great opportunity for a Principal or Associate (Mechanical or Electrical) Design Engineer to move into a Project Management and Design Management capacity and further develop their understanding of property development and investment, procurement, planning and construction management.
- Manage the MEP services and process from initial design through to installation and handover.
- Review, comment and approve MEP design and installation drawings.
- Develop relationships with the current M&E consultancies and drive a culture of collaboration and unity.
- Leading design review and M&E contractor weekly progress review meetings and keeping the team informed of progress, risks and programme.
- Identifying and reducing any potential MEP co-ordination issues or coordination clashes.
- Managing the flow of information from contractors, sub-contractors and consultants.
- Responding to any MEP technical submissions and RFI's.
- Witnessing, testing and commissioning of MEP Services prior to handover.
- Checking as-built drawings, documentation, certificates and O+M manuals.
- Take full responsibility for all MEP services include ventilation (natural and mechanical), heating, Fire detection and protection, emergency lighting, access control, BMS, water & waste as well as other key infrastructure.)
This is a great opportunity for a Principal or Associate (MEP / Building Services) Engineer to join a large international property developer and be instrumental in the success of a £1B waterfront development through to practical completion in 2020.