Due to continuing business success and growth our client has a fantastic opportunity available for a Credit Controller to join the team to be based in the Portsmouth office.
Credit Controller Responsibilities:
As a Credit Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for collection of debt on the UK sales ledger including :
- Direct contact with clients by phone
- Credit control via email where appropriate
- Issuing chasing/warning letters according to strict deadlines
- Escalation of non-payers for legal action & follow up on developments.
- Production and mailing of statements
- Maintenance of up to date detailed credit control notes
- Responsible for collection of payments via BACS, Cheque and recurring credit card payments,
- Encouraging clients to settle outstanding invoices by Direct Debit.
- Develop strong relationships with customers to improve credit control efficiency
- Liaison with other team members to update on progress/contribute to preparation of debt position to rest of business
- Liaison with Account Management and other internal functions to resolve problem accounts
- Responsible for ensuring the hard working team ethic of the department is maintained.
- Other ad hoc tasks as necessary including Administration duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience of credit control essential,
- Experience of collecting overseas debt, especially the US, would be an advantage
- Approachable; strong team player,
- Proven credit experience. Ability to deal with a challenging sales ledger profile with successful outcomes,
- Experience of Sage finance packages would be an advantage, though not essential,
- Excellent telephone manner - firm but professional,
- Good, accurate written skills/manner,
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Enthusiastic, keen to be involved,
- Excellent communicator,
- Organised ,
- Results driven,
- Sound knowledge of the business to business culture.
- Adaptable (fast moving environment),
The successful candidate will take complete ownership of the ledger reporting on an exception basis to their line manager/appropriate departments in the business.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Training and Career Progression
Excellent working environment- great offices