Are you a Qualified Accountant who would enjoy working in a fast paced manufacturing plant, producing accounts and partnering with operational teams providing a value add service?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a Food Manufacturing organisation in Seaham who are looking for Site Accountant to join the business. As the Site accountant your role will see you producing Management and Statutory accounts for the site in addition to driving improvements to operational activity.
The organisation has recently gone through a restructure with a new MD and Head of Finance joining to grow and drive the business forward. This role will be critical in ensuring that the sites finances are maintained whilst also continuously looking at ways to improve profitability.
As a Site Accountant you will be responsible for:
- All aspects of accounting and financial management within the manufacturing plant.
- Preparing audit information and accounts to achieve a no comment report
- Preparation monthly and annual financial reports to comply with all Company, Group and Statutory requirements.
- Preparing investment plan
- Supporting floor managers with improvements
- Various projects
- Making use of information systems to alert colleagues to business issues
- Ensuring all accounting transactions are processed accurately and promptly
- Formulating 3 year financial and business plans.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to procedures and systems
- Preparation of tax declarations and other information to authorities.
- Completing month end closing
Is the Site Accountant role right for me?
As the Site Accountant you will be in a stand alone position where you will have full autonomy within your role to ensure the plant is profitable. You will need to have a keen eye for detail with previous experience gained in fast paced manufacturing or FMCG organisation; preparing management and statutory accounts. You will also have proven success in building relationships, whilst being able to positively challenge the leadership team.
You will need to be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with demonstrable experience dealing with the above responsibilities, combined with the determination and energy needed to drive change and go above and beyond.
The organisation is growing with plans to build the finance function across the UK, which can open the door to senior roles within the Group or building a team on site to support you further.
Site Accountant Package:
- £47,000 - £50,000
- £6,000 Car Allowance
- 10% Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Various Discounts
If interested In the Site Accountant and keen to have an informal chat, please contact Alex Britton at