Product Buyer (Purchasing Department)
£25,000 - £30,000
20 days hols
A highly successful UK leading distributor is recruiting a Buyer in their Purchasing Department and the successful person will work within a multi-discipline commercial purchasing team, led by a Purchasing Manager. The Buyer will be responsible for working closely with approx 100 suppliers,
spread across a range of different product types. The company have long standing relationships with all of these suppliers and work hard to ensure that they remain one of their most trusted partners.
Previous Buying experience is essential, together with proven experience of analysis work and a high level of interpersonal skills dealing with a variety of suppliers.
The role will include:
- Raising and collating purchase orders (Suggested, Contract, Top Up and Backorders) for your portfolio of supplier accounts (approximately 100).
- Verify acknowledgments to ensure that prices, lead times and quantities are correct and to update our ERP system.
- Chase suppliers for delivery dates and update Merlin for items not received on time or acknowledged by suppliers.
- Check product availability on specific sales enquires.
- Build relationships with your suppliers and engage with them on new products, promotions and changes to existing products
- Monitor supplier performance in accordance with our supplier scoring process and feedback to achieve improvements.
- Liaise with warehouse and suppliers regarding incorrect items supplies and any delivery issues
- Maintain supplier records including all contact details for your portfolio
- Negotiate improved prices, terms and deals with suppliers.
Analysis & maintenance
- Monitor and provide statistics for supplier OTIF, lead time changes and suggestions for product review and rationalising of specific products or ranges
- Complete new supplier application forms
- Import new suppliers into our ERP system
- Update our ERP system following price increases
- Import all new pricing into Merlin to schedule of increases
- Import all new SKU’s into our ERP system
- Advise Sales Manager/Director of any cost price increase that require sales price to be reviewed, including any that implicate a product sold at below/minus GP
- Check and validate price increases
- Provide reports for analytics on product performance
- Monitor, update and report monthly on rebates
If you need to discuss this role in more detail, please call Demon Recruitment & Resourcing in the Croydon office. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
Demon Recruitment confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Whilst we would like to personally respond to every application this often isn't possible due to the volume of applicants. Should you have not been contacted within 7 days you have not been short listed on this occasion. However, your CV may be held on file for future reference.