Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Swindon (commutable from Bristol, Bath, Somerset, Gloucestershire, South Wales)
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Ambridge Harris Associates is proud to be working with this rapidly growing, market leading SME. As a result of phenomenal growth a unique opportunity now exists to join the business as Commercial Financial Analyst. Working in partnership with the MD and Financial Controller you will assist with steering the company towards achieving its business plans and increasing profitability. As a commercially focused finance professional you must be results driven, demonstrate an honest and communicative approach and be capable of thinking and developing solutions "outside the box".
- Financial modelling of M&A targets for valuation and benchmarking
- "Owning" the corporate financial model
- Support of acquisition activity including pipeline database maintenance and analysis for negotiation
- This position requires someone with demonstrable financial acumen, an inquisitive mind and the ability to work with senior management, as part of the finance team and autonomously, taking responsibility for the accuracy of work produced
The company has grown quickly and so the role is likely to change over time and there is a great opportunity for personal development and to take on further challenges. Training and development will be readily available.
Key experience/skills required:
- Relevant accountancy/finance degree, ideally achieved 2.1 or above or equivalent experience
- Ideally qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), newly qualified, finalist level or equivalent experience
- Strong numerical and analytical competency, including intermediate / advanced use of excel including modelling experience
- An understanding of standard accounting principles and ability to generate P&L, balance sheet and cashflow statements
- Confident, clear and accurate with all communication
- Attention to detail is key, as are inter-personal skills and an ability to rise above the detail to see the bigger picture
- Shares knowledge, skills and experience with colleagues; is cooperative and supportive of others
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.