Rigging Team Leader
Arqiva is responsible for managing and maintaining 1,154 transmitter sites across the UK. As Rigging Team Leader reporting to our Head of Operations Support, you’ll lead a team of regional riggers, with responsibility for their training, performance reviews and motivation. Preparing risk assessments and method statements and accountable as the technical point of escalation for the rigging team, you’ll drive the operation and maintenance of all technical infrastructure through direct line management of our Rigging South team and indirectly via other Arqiva teams and external suppliers. Key deliverables include:
• rigging tall masts for man-riding with winch and associated equipment
• tensioning of guyed masts.
• using continuous improvement techniques to analyse, plan, implement and track initiatives to drive enhanced service level performance.
• close liaison with our scheduling, site access and logistics teams.
You’ll need a proven track record in mast rigging, encompassing practical knowledge of rigging techniques, including lifting and lowering, supported by good climbing skills with in-depth knowledge of rope access and mast rescue techniques. With the ability to rig a tall mast for man-riding with winch and associated equipment, you have a working knowledge of specialist mechanical and hydraulic plant and equipment, in addition to knowledge of RF hazards, monitoring techniques and antenna radiation patterns. Able to supervise rigging contractors and understand technical drawings and specifications, you can also offer:
• the ability to write reports and prepare risk assessments and method statements
• experience of delivering performance appraisals
• excellent communication and management skills
• a valid UK driving licence.
At Arqiva, our vision is to be central to every vital connection in a world which depends on a continuous stream of information. Always. At the forefront of communications infrastructure and media services, we’re the people who make connections happen in the digital world. Our values are about being ingenious, straightforward and collaborative, clearly and simply, to enable us to go that extra mile for our customers.
If this describes you and your career aspirations, to APPLY for this Rigging Team Leader role, please click on the button below.
Your application will be treated with absolute confidentiality.