JAGGER TALENT brief;
Crick (Near Rugby)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment. Provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services at all times by means of the application of electrical/mechanical skills in fault-finding/diagnostics, planned preventative maintenance practices and electrical/mechanical installation. Train and develop production staff to deliver their first line maintenance objectives.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
To apply systematic diagnostics in electrical/mechanical engineering in order to minimise the impact of plant failures/breakdowns.
Manage contractors / issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the Engineering Management team.
Respond / assist / investigate cause of a factory Fire Alarm / Evacuation as requested by the incident controller / engineering / production management team.
Train, develop and sign off nominated production staff to allow them to carry out first line maintenance to designated plant & equipment. Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
Ensures a safe working environment exists for ALL employees
To follow/apply effective safe working in accordance with Approved Codes of Practice governing working with electrical/mechanical plant and equipment.
Manages required standards of food safety, hygiene & GMP for the site
Ensure ALARP risk assessments for all non-routine tasks are in place before commencement of work.
Key Performance Indicators:
- 100% adherence to site standards
- Ensures shift adheres to GMP - Hygiene & Housekeeping standards
- Delivery of P.M. tasks 95% conformance to plan
- 100% audit action completion
- Responsible for entire site during shift
- Contract labour
- All machinery & equipment on site
- All areas of the site
- Ensure compliance with all C.C.P’s
- Liaise with production managers to be aware of all concessions relating to engineering issues and ensure appropriate action plans are in place
- Liaise with operations to be aware of all segregations and take appropriate engineering action
- Complete all allocated P.M.’s in the set time frame
- Liaise with Team Leaders/Managers to ensure work requests that are raised are completed as & when required and within the agreed time
As a Multi skilled Engineer you are responsible for achieving all K.P.I’s within your areas of responsibility. You are expected to promote a culture of continuous improvement to improve processes and practices result in a quality product being manufactured safely at the lowest cost.
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities for improvement
- Continuously and constructively challenges the current way of doing things
- Strives to attain the required standards
- Initiates corrective action where the required standards are not being achieved
- Sees quality as an integral part of their role
- Enthuses others to work towards quality goals
- Understands the effects of their area’s performance on both internal and external customers and takes corrective action when appropriate
- Builds positive relationships and acts to promote good morale & co-operation within immediate team and all other areas of the business
- Works with peer group across shifts to tackle issues in all areas
- Always ensures that the Management team are made fully aware of any issues which will significantly impact performance
- Communicate effectively with other members of the factory to ensure targets are achieved
- Gives good handovers to oncoming shift to set them up for success
- Attends meetings as required
Working to Standards
- Knows, understands and works to expected standards
- Takes positive corrective action where standards are not met
- Able to talk clearly and concisely about working standards in own area
- Activities at all times to be carried out in accordance with Butcher’s Pet Care’s Company Policy
Pride in own work
- Makes a conscious commitment to applying themselves to all aspects of their role
- Shows respect for everyone
Attention to Detail
- Produces accurate written and numerical information in the correct format
- Has sound KPI awareness
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- Recognised electrical and mechanical qualifications
- 3 years minimum of maintenance experience - food mfg environment preferable
- Understanding of PLC & computer controlled equipment
- Experience of working with PLC’s (Siemens S7, S5 and Alan Bradley)
- Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work such other hours as the company may deem necessary.
- Sound communication / training skillsBenefits
Pension, Parking, Commission/Bonus
Mechanical or Electrical bias or multi skilled