Clinical Services Dispensing Optician - Office Based
Your World Healthcare Group are looking for a dedicated and experienced Dispensing Opticians for a slightly different role in Wiltshire.
What is it?
You will be responsible for the training and monitoring/support of continual professional growth and development of the Clinical Services & Support Patient Optical Advisor team. This shall enable them to achieve customer service excellence, adhere to department and company processes and procedures, and that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standards. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and leading training sessions including those in communication, service, procedural and the Clinical Services & Support optical training programme.
You shall also support the team management in reviewing and monitoring training and performance levels and identifying further support where needed designing individual targeted action plans. Aside from training, you will provide essential aftercare support via telephone to our patients as well as our external field based professional teams.
Activities of the role
- Managing customer enquiries and aftercare issues over the phone including any complaints and escalated queries.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls as necessary adhering at all times to the department procedures and recorded call excellence.
- Responding to email/written queries and complaints supporting formal complains procedure when necessary.
- Actively manage successful aftercare provision.
- To coach and support the team, including regular 1-1 coaching sessions and call and e-mail monitoring.
- Work alongside department manager and team Supervisor to identify team learning and development requirements and support growth.
- Aftercare and call auditing supporting professional development when required.
- Active/live call monitoring of the Patient Optical Advisor’s for learning and support of company/team procedures.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment adhering to clear desk/department policy.
- Take and transfer calls from other professionals to the most appropriate source.
- Ensure that all responses are carried out in a professional/timely and courteous manner.
- Use knowledge, experience and questioning skills to prioritise workload.
- Identify and resolve all patient queries by using initiative, ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Maintain high standards at all times of personal appearance, timekeeping, attendance and respect of company property.
- Commit to the belief of 'always do what is right for the patient’
- Competently manage and record information as required maintaining audit excellence.
- Supporting adherence of direct referral pathways and urgent referral procedures.
- Complies with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974 and with the Company’s current Health and Safety Policies.
- To oversee the continued learning and development of colleagues and self.
- Deliver one on one or group training sessions as in the job summary delivering expected results and learning’s proved by action points or performance.
- Achieve positive feedback from training sessions with successful outcomes.
- Identify new training requirements and implementing new procedures/resources.
- Use the IT /Phone system in line with company procedures
- Support internal/external colleagues/departments on delivery of aftercare provision.
- Any other requirements that may arise with changes in procedure, aftercare delivery or team changes.
- Ability to identify staff performance issues and offer solutions to ensure a successful outcome.
- Proven experience within a customer service environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and have a logical and methodical approach to work.
- Confident about working in a role where your actions directly influence others.
- Ability to manage change.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Effective communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Passion to delivery successful and rewarding training sessions.
- Ability to adapt oneself to others in the delivery of training.
- Style and design - ability to design and deliver new training material.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme, on successful completion of probationary period
- 28 days holiday entitlement (Pro Rata, inclusive of bank holidays)
- Three 'treat’ days granted for 100% attendance
- Discounted eye wear and hearing products
- Childcare vouchers
How does that sound? Got the experience and want to learn more? Keen to apply? Brilliant! Apply within or call the Your World office, asking for Tom Peppiatt, for further information.