Are you that special someone who can make a difference?
£16,700 / £17,400 pro rata pa (depending on experience)
Full time, part time and bank hrs available
Woking - walking distance from mainline train station (London Waterloo line)
Our client supports people who are living with disabilities, illness or injury to live the best life possible.
They are looking for support workers to work in a supported living service for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism and behaviour that challenges. You will work as a team, supporting them in all aspects of their lives, doing what they want to do, including accessing the community. At Avenues, we support individuals by enabling them to take part in everyday life, providing opportunities and direct assistance to develop their skills.
Working in partnership with colleagues, families and other professionals you will be part of their team who will develop a high quality 24 hour service. Experience is not necessary as we are looking for people who are practical, pragmatic, active and enthusiastic
To be considered for the Support Worker position, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Resourcefulness - can you find different and innovative ways to support people to overcome difficulties?
- Tenacity - do you prefer to see lasting results over a period of time, rather than quick fixes?
- Empathy- can you see things from other people’s point of view?
- Flexibility - things can change last minute; can you adapt and move on quickly?
- Compassion - do you have kindness and understanding for people overcoming disadvantage?
- Patience -when things take longer than you expect, can you stay calm and positive?
Benefits of working with Avenues as a Support Worker:
- Full induction process and dedicated manager to support you
- Outstanding training and development opportunities (including specialisation in your interest area)
- Career progression
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Opportunities to gain recognised qualifications such as the diploma in Health and Social Care
- Pension plan, childcare vouchers, union membership and corporate membership of HSA’s 'Simply Health’ insurance
- The Benefits Website - online discounts and offers
- O2 Open Employee Perks
They provide exceptional training and development opportunities for the right people who share our values and can demonstrate commitment. If you feel you are someone who can make a difference, apply now.
Our client are committed to good practice in employing disabled people in the areas of recruitment, employment, and retention and career development of people with disabilities.
Bank Support Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Carer, Care, Bank Staff.