Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger based in Milton Keynes. Our client is a top 20 firm and they provide a full range of accountancy services to larger and smaller enterprises such as audit, governance, tax mitigation or corporate finance. The client is looking for a candidate able to process client invoices in a timely manner, ensuring the correct coding and authorisation of invoices.
Candidates will have responsibility for:
- Process all supplier invoices via Sage, Xero or other accounting software obtaining the correct authorisations
- Maintain purchase ledgers and resolve queries
- Process twice monthly BAC’s payments, cheques and one off BAC’s/CHAPS payments
- Filing of invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier statements on timely basis
- Answering queries from suppliers and clients
- Preparation of month end reconciliations within given deadlines
- VAT - claim and code correctly.
The successful candidate would have good IT skills to include Excel, Word plus Sage and Xero preferred. Candidate would also have sound Purchase ledger processes knowledge and time management skills. Also, a demonstrable basic knowledge of VAT.
Due to the growth of the company individual looking to progress in their career will have the opportunity to do so.