Site Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £55,000 p/a
Overview of the Role:
The successful candidate will possess proven experience of managing an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment.
The Site Engineering Manager will be experienced in carrying out risk assessments and will ensure that the team carries out their duties within a safe environment.
The position is an office-hours based role though the Manager is expected to be very flexible should the situation require out of hours attendance. The candidate must show experience and competence in budgetary control and show a successful history of managing a team of shift-based engineers.
The position requires a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to the following;
- Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
- Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
- Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Match tasks with team skill-sets to ensure delivery of defined SLA
- Manage as the on-site representative, all system improvements and installations
- Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
- Develop on-site staff and resources
- Increase the scope and efficiency of the Company's support solutions
- Be an effective manager focused on team development
- Work against time frames to complete reactive repairs
- Interact with on-site and off-site management keeping them informed of local issues and successes and addressing all concerns in a professional manner
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Understanding of the importance of handling Employee Relations issues with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Provide monthly, summary and detailed reports covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services of all live information systems
- Plan and implement system security policy
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel
- Degree Level , HNC/D and/or relevant higher engineering qualification
- Automation systems background
- Previously managed large teams (10+).
- Strong experience of Lean / 6 Sigma is preferred but not essential
- Manufacturing management experience preferred but not essential
- Experience of WMS, WCS systems preferred but not essential
You must have experience leading in a Customer Faced role with exceptional organisational skills. Other qualities you must possess are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data analysis
- Strong skills in report development (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Team oriented
- Deal with issues and resolve them diplomatically
- Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & Networks with a good appreciation of electro-mechanical installations.
Konnect Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer. We endeavour to respond to all candidates.
Please only apply for this role if your skill set matches the above requirements.
To apply for this position please attach your CV and Cover letter.