We are a specialist publisher of Magazines, Event Programmes and Showguides currently have a very exciting vacancy for a Designer to produce adverts as part of our Reprographics team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to take a creative role in a fast-paced publishing environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent Mac skills including: Indesign, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and good knowledge of pre-press production including the creation of high resolution PDFs. knowledge of using databases is an advantage but not essential as training will be given. They must be extremely organised, and ideally come from a design or reprographics background. The ability to work to tight deadlines and to keep calm under pressure is desirable.
* Create high-quality and creative advertising content
* Work from client supplied copy and design briefs
* Adhere to brand guidelines where required
* Check supplied finished artwork PDFs for quality and pre-press criteria
* Create high-resolution PDFs for press
* Upload PDFs to printers' pre-press systems
* Manage artwork folders on shared production servers
* Work closely with Advertising Production & Project Management teams
* Create A-Z indexes using scripts from supplied data
* Archive finished artwork when publication completed
* Excellent design software knowledge: Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, QuarkXPress
* Good understand of the litho print process and pre-press
* Organisational skills
* An appreciation of typography and font management
* High attention to detail
* Good grasp of written English
Previous design experience preferable and a Degree level or relevant qualification desirable.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within three weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.