Clinical Research Fellow - Oncology Doctor in London
sjb medical are recruiting a Clinical Research Fellow / Doctor - equivalent to NHS junior doctor ST3 and above SPR Registrar level Medical or Clinical Oncology. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with world renowned specialist consultants leading the way in innovation through clinical trials.
This is a full time role. Working in a team of 6 - hours/shifts Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with occasional lates and on call commitment required.
The role responsibility is to provide the highest standard of medical care for all patients participating in clinical trials as directed by the respective Consultant. There will be opportunities to take ownership of studies .
As a Clinical Research Fellow / Doctor you can expect competitive salary dependent upon experience and a vast range of benefits.
- Funded Study Leave for relevant training; regular job review and appraisals.
- Guaranteed annual salary review
- Private pension;
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
- Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
- Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
- Continuous training
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Clinical Trials conducted at SCRI UK Drug Development Unit ("DDU"), including taking part in planning, setting up, conducting and reporting Clinical Trials of new cancer treatments.
- Support NHS oncology clinics at partner Trust.
- Assist in providing responsible medical officer coverage for the DDU by undertaking clinical responsibilities for patients at the DDU
- Review all patients regularly on clinical trials, according to protocol and clinical need.
- Review all drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems.
- Work in close liaison with the Laboratories to ensure all results are available as required and according to protocol.
- To be involved in setting of standards, clinical audit, risk management and other Clinical Governance issues.
- To participate in clinical trial updates and telephone conferences.
Skills & Experience
- Specialists or Specialist Trainees in Medical Oncology, Clinical Oncology, or other appropriate specialties.
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council and License to practice
- MRCP or equivalent
- Advanced Life Support Certificate
- Competent in all aspects of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Experience in general oncology management including treatment of oncological emergencies and cancer chemotherapy.
- Ideally - have some experience and knowledge of cancer clinical trial methodology including the conduct of early trials.
About The Individual
Working in this role would be ideal for a Junior Doctor who aspires to have a career in oncology in hospital or the pharmaceutical industry and have a strong commitment to research.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, please get in contact with SJB Medical directly or simply click Apply and provide us with your most up to date CV for consideration.