Lab Technician - Engineering
Engineering / Manufacture / Automotive
£23,000 - £26,000 + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an existing lab technician, quality inspector wishing to develop into research and development testing or an individual who has worked within an engineering environment and understand engineering principles. Metallurgy experience would be preferable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Tier 1 automotive supplier within their research and development team. You will gain first class mentoring and training in a business that can offer you significant personal development.
Our client are well-known throughout the world as a Tier 1 supplier into the automotive industry and supply into the major blue chip businesses. They are an award winning business that have grown year on year for the last 3 years. The research and development team are at the pinnacle of development within their field.
The Role & Person
The role will be for the lab technician to support with the maintenance and organisation of the R+D lab. This will include conducting practical work to support the development engineers with their projects and also completing R+D documentation. The role will be split into 75% practical work and 25% desk work.
Some of the Key responsibilities:
- Conducting lab analysis tests from failure investigation work to new product testing e.g. failure investigation
- Conduct tensile and fatigue testing
- Prepare samples for testing (cutting, grinding, polishing)
- Conduct hardness test studies and microscope measurement studies
- Complete lab reports and documentation
- Organise the lab, work space and storage areas
- Check levels of stock and order replacements
- Ensuring lab equipment is calibrated where necessary
- Apprentice trained or equivalent, alternatively, proven experience within an engineering environment.
Ultimately we are looking for an individual with a good attitude who wants to be part of a forward thinking, expanding business. There will be mentorship and training available where necessary.
Benefits, Prospects & Training
This role offers you an impressive opportunity to work within an impressive business. You will be given all the support and training required through mentorship and external training. The business also promote within and like to develop loyal, competent and determined staff.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please don't hesitate to call
Sarah Farrugia on