Our clients are market leaders in Adverse Lending.
Due to expansion they now require Mortgage Underwriters with at least 1-2 years experience.
To be considered you must have mortgage underwriting experience post the crash of 2008.
Dealing with bad credit history and self-employed cases so difficult cases.
Ideally looking for candidates who can resolve those issues rather than highlight problems.
- Experience in Prime and Specialist lending as an Underwriter holding a mandate of £250k minimum for a minimum of 1-2 years.
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage intermediary market and related FCA permissions is ideal.
- Detailed understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews.
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
- Educated to at least GCSE level including Maths and English
- Recent experience in Second Charge lending
- CeMAP qualified
Salary £30,000 to £40,000 (for very experienced).
If you want to know more then please apply to Steve James of Goldstone Laine now.