Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer progression for international students from all over the world into undergraduate and postgraduate study at a broad portfolio of British, American and Australian universities. Kaplan International Pathways is a market leader in the sector, and an exceptional place to work and develop an exciting career in the international education and student recruitment industry.
As a member of the Digital Team, the Website Administrator will play an essential role maintaining the accuracy of information and supporting the editorial function in publishing usable, accessible and optimised content across our suite of websites. You'll join a team of high-performing channel and comms specialists to work with and learn from.
This role would provide an ideal introduction to the professional world of digital publishing, allowing you to gain experience in key areas such as web governance and content management. More important than extensive exposure to web administration is a keen eye for detail, a methodical approach to tasks and a high level of initiative.
Your key responsibilities:
You’ll provide support to the Digital Team by helping to maintain content across our sites, keeping it accurate and compliant. You’ll be responsible for:
- entering high volumes of client data into the in-house database
- helping to implement the publication schedule and content strategy across all websites
- user testing and QA of new functionality
- developing an understanding of the user experience and maintaining the highest standards of content to support user journeys
- assisting the Editorial Team with on-page SEO and accessibility requirements
- monitoring page health in web governance software, ensuring that broken links and misspelling are kept to a minimum
- organising and publishing engaging and recent testimonials social endorsements on our sites
- maintaining the marketing content within our course database
- supporting and improving digital publication and content management processes to increase efficiency
- assisting with the tagging and maintenance of a digital asset management strategy
- participating in the preparation of content for new product launches
To succeed in the role you’ll have exposure to supporting a team with administration, entering high volumes of data into a database, good IT skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills. In addition you’ll have:
- excellent attention to detail
- a desire to learn more about best web practices including usability, accessibility, information architecture and SEO
- undergraduate degree
- experience of working with a content management system e.g. Wordpress (desirable)
- knowledge or experience of the international education sector (desirable)
- experience working on system databases (desirable)
- a basic understanding of web analytics and the principles that drive qualified traffic to websites (desirable)
What we will offer you:
The Website Administrator post is a full-time permanent position with excellent progression prospects for the best candidates attracting a salary of £23,000 depending on skills and experience, plus a performance related bonus of up to 10% of the basic salary. Permanent employees of Kaplan International Pathways enjoy a variety of optional benefits after their probation period, including a comprehensive pension plan, health and well-being schemes and childcare vouchers.
Application method: Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form.
Application deadline: 19th May, 2017