A high growth, entrepreneurial US Tech business are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to grow out the EMEA region in the London HQ. Having established a strong presence within the US and recently listed, the business has a clear vision and strategy to scale to a billion revenue globally.
This is a high profile and challenging role that’s far from traditional reporting - you’ll help shape the direction of the organisation, outside of their widely recognised American hub. As your insight takes the business to new and exciting places, your career will follow.
Reporting into the Group Controller, you will be a key member of the finance team, responsible for the non-US accounting operations. You will play an integral part in supporting the business with its aggressive growth plans over the coming years.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Perform and supervise month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparing external statutory reporting and fillings
- Assist in preparing internal and external reporting schedules for management and external service providers
- Assist in balance sheet and monthly management accounts variance analysis
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies, controls and procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Work closely with corporate and local finance functions to enhance reliability, accuracy, relevance and timeliness of group reporting
- Prepare monthly payroll and reconciliations for employees in the UK, Australia, and Canada
- Ad hoc accounting requests and projects as needed
The ideal profile will be a qualified accountant with 2 years’ experience in industry. The successful candidate must be bright, commercially astute and hungry to succeed in a fast paced, high growth entrepreneurial business.
An ambitious and confident candidate will exceed in this dynamic, rapidly expanding company. Your role will evolve dramatically within year one, from a hands-on role on day one, to a more operationally focused position. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is keen to make an impact within an evolving business that has embarked on significant period of change.