Business Development Manager - Outdoor Media Sales - North London Region
The Role: Working within a the direct sales team, you will be responsible for the development of the North London, North West London, East London, Enfield territories and will generate grow and maintain all new and exsisting customer for the company. Alongside this you will also be given a key catogory to focus on across the UK.
You will take a proactive approach of your sales area for both private and public sector, delivering outstanding customer service and sales growth and to achive quarterly and yearly targets set by the Head of sales. The role is to identify media opportunities and cultivate and build partnerships with key brands and clients and steal market share from the media landscape and our competitors.
• Selling across the full portfolio of company products to sme/blue chip direct clients within the private sector along with public sector related bodies. You may also manage some small non-affiliated agencies.
• You will develop both short and long term business and be able to negotiate at various levels with the final decision maker.
• The role is predominantly new business focussed, however you will need to be able to demonstrate effective account handling skills to manage the client experience now and for future business.
• This role is home based and you must be able to work autonomously in the field.
• Ensure the smooth running of advertisers business from booking through to posting and follow up after-sales.
• Generate and attend 10 meetings per week.
Key Contacts Internal: Credit Controller, Campaign Management, Sales Support.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• Sound knowledge of media and if possible creative planning, research and evaluation tools
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Computer literate
• Higher education preferable but not essential.
• The successful candidate will have a proven track record in field sales have a background from a Media brand and operated as a BDM for 3 years plus.
• Possess a current driving license and willing to travel as required on behalf of the Company to maximise sales potential.
• Confident, self-assured and a tough negotiator, driven by targets, success and reward
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of target achievement ideally within media sales (exceptional candidates from other backgrounds will be considered).
• Must have a full understanding of the sales structure and process.
• A strong prospector, communicator with the ability to demonstrate effective and persuasive presentation skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, work within timescales and demonstrate initiative and creative thinking.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal; ability to communicate at all levels, Self-starter; ability to prioritise; achieve deadlines; minimum of supervision