Part Time Site Maintenance Technician
Site Maintenance Technician
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Let’s start with the facts
CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the UK’s leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, CarShop have a £200 million annual turnover, 20,000+ annual retail sales, up to 3,500 cars in group stock at any one time, over 600 employees, 17 years of experience, 5 huge retail stores, and huge ambition for continued innovation and success.
The role in a nutshell
This role is critical to our store as the Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring all general maintenance jobs across the store are carried out in a timely and effective manner to the highest quality. The role is varied and the types of tasks you will get involved in will be from re-painting, mending and moving.
What you will be doing
- Conducting general maintenance tasks around the sites
- Painting and decorating
- Completing general repairs on an array of items
- Cleaning / up keep of the site (windows, litter picking)
- General maintenance of gardens and landscaping
- Transportation of company property
- Undertaking furniture installation including assembly and removals
- Ability to maintain a safe and productive work environment
- Ordering and purchasing authorised stock as and when required
- Ensure the quality of work is maintained to a consistently high standard
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and on time
What we expect from you
- Hold a full UK/EU Driving Licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Efficient and ability to produce high quality work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse work group
In return, this is what you can expect from us
- A competitive salary
- 22 days’ holiday that increases with length of service
- Opportunities for personal and career development
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Discounts on the High Street
- Discounts on Vehicles and Servicing
- Free parking on site
What happens next?
Once you have completed your application, our Recruitment Team will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If suitable, our team will then contact you to advise you of the next stage.
CarShop is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.