We are currently recruiting for a Bid Manager to join a leading IT specialist based in Andover, Hampshire, where you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day management of our client's new business (sales) close process from the point of being selected by a prospect as preferred supplier to contract signature and handover to delivery teams. This will encompass all new business and contract renewal activity across the entire business.
Oversight of pricing principles and process, including line management of one Business Analyst (pricing). In addition, the role will provide administration support to the commercial, legal and finance teams as needed.
Main Function: Responsibility for the management and co-ordination of the sales process from the point at which the business is selected as the preferred provider through to signature of the sales contract. This will include:
- Ensuring all pre-requisite materials are complete at point of handover from sales team to commercial team.
- The co-ordination of meetings and final negotiation between the prospect and the company.
- Management of the agreement paperwork.
- Ensure internal sign-off of the customer agreement, ensuring such sign off has the correct approvals consistent with the internal delegation of approval matrix.
- Working with the commercial team, assist on the renewal of customer contracts in the same way as for new Customers. This will include maintaining a schedule of customer renewal dates and initiating contract renewal activity.
- Assisting in the generation of sales commission calculations and the distribution of commission statements to the sales team.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from customers, prospects and internal stakeholders as required; coordinating responses from various parts of the business as needed.
- Line management of Business Analyst responsible for pricing, including maintenance of the pricing model and management of internal pricing review and approval process. Assist in development of effective pricing strategies.
Person Attributes / Experience
- Accounting qualification
- Maths to at least A-level.
- 5+ years commercial experience &/or commercial related degree education.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken form.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and similar business systems.
A full time, exciting opportunity based in Andover, Hampshire. Free parking is allocated to you for this role.