Trade Finance Assistant
My client, a prestigious International Bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Trade Finance Assistant to join their expanding Operations Department.
Main responsibilities will include;
- L/C Document checking - 1st or 2nd checking within given limits. Registering of documents received into the internal system
- Acceptance or Rejection of documents - preparation of notification advices by mail or swift MT734/750.
- Preparation of Import L/C Issuance and amendments - calculation of charges, completion of folders
- Preparation of Export L/C Advising and amendments - calculation of charges, completion of folders
- Expired Report - Take/claim charges if necessary and close files in the internal system
- Input and complete transactions relative to specific team
- Ensure timely processing of SWIFT, telephonic, mail and fax instructions/queries from customers, correspondents and principals.
- Ensure Ticklers in place with regards to chasing of acceptance of discrepancies/Payments/Queries.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Education : Minimum A Level educated , CDCS qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience gained within another financial institution
- Knowledge of Trade Finance banking
- Excellent interpersonal communication and interaction skills;
- Good written and verbal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of banking operations and role requirements
- Ability to be able to deal confidently with the highest levels of bank staff.
- Good systems and soft skills including general Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.