Salary: Up to£45k + OTE £55k + Excellent benefits
My Client are an established Lender looking to expand their Underwriting Team, in London.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success at present.
Working as part of an established and successful underwriting team, you will be responsible for underwriting mortgage applications in accordance with the Lending policy, TCF principles and FCA responsible lending best practice.
You will maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge and apply the highest standards of risk based underwriting at all times. Working closely with the Operations team is fundamental to the delivery of a seamless service to the client and the highest levels of proactive co-operation and approachability are expected.
- Underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles. Recommend any cases outside mandate to the UTL /UTM and ensure all cases hold a robust documented rationale for the lending decision.
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases prior to processing by Operations.
- Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with lending policy and the appropriate mortgage product.
- Represent Operations in ongoing UAT.
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with TCF and responsible lending principles in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuer’ s.
- Ensure that all KFIs (including porting cases) produced are accurate and compliant
- Build a close working relationship, especially with the Operations Team, and with key areas of the business to enhance the process from a system, service and quality perspective.
- To comply with the Code of Business Ethics and ensure your responsibilities regarding the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies.
- Pro-actively keep up to date with human resource policy, external legislation, funding constraints, product criteria and underwriting criteria changes to ensure prudent underwriting.
- Adhere to the service standards as agreed with the Operations team.
- Ensure that all complaints are handled in line with the Complaints Handling Procedures referring to the Underwriter Manager, and service Quality Department when necessary.
- Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as directed by Underwriting Technical Manager or Director of Customer Services.
Skills & Experience
Experience in Prime and Specialist lending as an Underwriter holding a mandate of £250k for a minimum of 5 years
Good knowledge of industry regulation such as MCOB, TCF, DPA,
To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly
Good understanding of the mortgage intermediary market and related FCA permissions is ideal.
Good understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hard-working, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews.
Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
Interested, please apply today without delay
All applications are treated in strictest confidence