Salary: £18,000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen City AB11 6JU
About the company
Our client is a chic hotel located in the heart of Aberdeen's Merchant Quarter, at the heart of the city's retail centre and nightlife.
Their amenities include a great bar with live music at the weekend and an art-filled grill restaurant serving anything from breakfast, lunches, dinners, afternoon teas and even Mad Hatter Tea parties!
They currently have a vacancy for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join their team and ensure that they continue to meet the high standards that they have set for themselves.
The main responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager role are:
- Overseeing the smooth running of the ground floor facilities and all food and beverage operations
- Delivering the agreed vision and goals of the ground floor and food and beverage facilities
- Agreeing, training, delivering and maintaining Standard Operating Procedure for all Food & Beverage services
- Developing ground floor team through training and personal development plans
- Develop and present a sales & marketing plan for the ground floor operation and have a 3 month rolling plan updated weekly with past and future activity
- Adhering to budget, payroll and cost as directed
- Succession planning
- Implementing and maintaining systems to record financial transactions from all revenue streams, utilise this information to structure the sales plan.
- Updating and maintaining current IT provided, such as Micros, Resdiary, Horizon and Opera, ensuring all records are financially accurate
- Updating and maintaining all ground floor licensing and health & safety responsibilities, ensuring all documentation us up to date and relevant
- Assisting and being courteous to guests and display good customer care and skills at all times
- Dealing with guest complaints and difficult customers
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues both in front of house and in other departments, especially reception services
- Adhering to procedures for the security of cash, keys and property - company, guest and personal, report any hazards or defective equipment
- Ensuring that all new staff are inducted as indicated by company procedures
- Providing a weekly forecast of wages and accruals to be completed within the company standard
- Applying all legal requirements in respect of health, safety and welfare of all members of staff and customers
- Ensuring that all staff have been trained and fully understand what is expected of them, have been issued with job descriptions and are aware of what the company standard is
- Maintaining and filing individual accident record sheets in line with company standards
The main requirements for the Restaurant Manager role are:
- Relevant experience in a similar role with both individual restaurant and hotel experience
- A forward thinking approach, treat the business as if it were your own
- Track record in successful staff training and team management
Other desirable qualities:
- Knowledge of Micros and opera
- Personal license holder
- Mixology skills
- Pension auto enrolment after 3 months
- Personal bonus agreed following probation
- Staff discount on food and stay overs following probation
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Restaurant Manager role is for you then please apply today!