Substance Misuse Nurse
A Private Clinic in Central London are looking for a Mental Health Nurse with experience in Substance Misuse.
About the role Under the direction of the Clinical Director, The Nurse will support the Clinical Lead, Treatment Staff and Medical Lead in the provision of health and well-being care at the clinic. S/he will be part of a team ensuring clients receive a high-quality service in a safe environment and be primarily involved in medication management, health promotion, health education and wellbeing activities of patients at the clinic. The Nurse will work closely with patients to provide support and guidance in their therapeutic aims, and support the team with all aspects of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties but an overview of the work required.
- While on duty, deputise in the absence of the doctor and be the delegated authority for clinical matters.
- Ensure support is provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team to patients with medication and to ensure medication management and care for those undergoing a medically monitored detox complies with:
- Company medical procedures and standards;
- Good nursing practice;
- Relevant legislation;
- Particularly regarding record keeping and the safe administration of the medications held within the centre.
- Assist the doctor in assessment of referred patients prior to or at the time of commencement of treatment
- To take overall charge in administration of medications for patients
- To be responsible for safe keeping of any medication in the unit.
- To help liaise with patients' GP/Hospital for any on-going physical/mental health problem
- To support the multi-disciplinary team to ensure, prompt and assist patients to self- administer their medications as prescribed.
- To help with all required patient nursing duties including monitoring of vital signs, withdrawal questionnaires, where and when needed.
- To assist to provide psychosocial support and education to patients as and when needed, particularly around well-being and health matters.
- To partake in any other duties deemed necessary by the Clinical Lead and doctor respectively.
- To ensure appropriate and supportive patient admission into the clinic
- To improve access to appropriate services for patients locally.
- To complete triage assessments for all patients
- To support in all administrative duties at the clinic.
- To report to counselling staff on the activities and well-being of all patients in the centre.
- To understand and abide by the lines of responsibility to all patients.
- To be part of the on call 24 hours a day rota and to hold the emergency phone
- To follow the discharge procedure when needed i.e. out of hours
- To assist patients with all appointments i.e. Hospital, social excursions.
- To support and facilitate patients during their admission to treatment, including administering of drug tests, conducting bag searches, accompanying patients during the doctor's assessment and preparations of patient files.
- To ensure that patients understand and follow all rules outlined in the therapeutic contract.
- To utilise a flexible approach and where required participate in activities and tasks which directly respond to patient need.
- To carryout Drug Testing as required.
- To uphold all Company policies and procedures and actively promote equality of opportunity in the course of your work.
- To maintain a safe and welcoming environment ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Act as liaison for the patients to the clinical staff, relating needs and requests.
- Supervise the safety, upkeep and maintenance of the clinic.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Report all daily events to the Clinical Lead.
- Keep neat, written logs on patients' activities.
- Remind, redirect, reprimand and report patients that break rules or regulations according to the Company guidelines.
- Observe patient's medications according to the schedule and keep accurate records.
- Report all significant patient questions, concerns and complaints to the attention of the appropriate clinical and/or administrative staff.
- As part of a small, multi-disciplinary team, perform other reasonable duties as directed by the Clinical Director.