The 18-strong marketing team provides national marketing & communications support to Carter Jonas, one of the strongest names in the property business. Carter Jonas has an ambitious strategy in place to ensure continued sustainable growth. This role offers an amazing opportunity to join our award winning Marketing & Communications team, based at the standalone marketing office in a beautifully converted warehouse office in Waterloo.
Working to the Head of Public Relations you will assist in the day to day implementation of the divisional and corporate public relations strategy as well as helping to coordinate and manage media output from Carter Jonas’s retained PR Consultancy.
We offer the chance to work within an experienced team of experts, who continually deliver high quality innovative marketing and brand initiatives. We provide a great working environment, a supportive team, who are progressive and creative. Colleagues are supported with their own development and you will be committed to developing your knowledge of Carter Jonas and the property industry.
We offer a highly competitive salary plus a competitive benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Public Relations and stakeholders across the firm to implement an external PR strategy that will reinforce the work the business at a corporate, divisional and regional level to achieve the objectives as set out in the 2020 Vision
- Write and edit press releases and other articles for the media, as well as web and other corporate communications
- Produce and send weekly company and industry news summary for internal communications
- Work with internal departments on key staff messages and communications
- Draft and advise on social media content and intranet news items. Oversee all local accounts, lead on central accounts.
- Support corporate event administration as required
- Support divisional marketing teams, assessing PR needs and integrating PR activity into marketing campaigns
- Assist in the management of press liaisons as well as the drafting of key appointments, new contracts, deals and comments
- Assist in compiling weekly and monthly PR reports as well as maintaining additional administrational requirements
- Assist in reviewing and measuring the effectiveness of PR activity including regularly reviewing the performance of the PR team and external agencies
BA (Hons) degree or equivalent
Skills & experience
Experience in a Public Relations role preferably within the property industry Experience of working within a PR consultancy is desirable but not a pre-requisite Confident in assisting stakeholders at all levels Ability to write clear intelligent copy Excellent organisational skills Project management experience; from initial briefing through to production and delivery Good networking skills with a the ability to establish industry contacts Proactive, enthusiastic and creative approach Team player with sound interpersonal and excellent communications skills especially over phone and email