My well established Engineering client based in High Wycombe has enjoyed an impressive record of growth in recent years and is currently looking to recruit a Sales Engineer to join their team.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for identifying, maintaining and developing opportunities for the promotion of products and advise clients and prospective clients on product placement, provide written quotations and ongoing support both technical and commercial.
The role of Sales Engineer will be mainly office based sales role (95% time spent in the office) within the company. The majority of the work will be more account management with existing customers; typically you will manage 2-3 accounts. There is no hard selling involved but the Sales Engineer must possess a "sales mind". Ideally, candidates will have experience with or some exposure to Solidworks.
- Conduct commercial negotiations with new and existing clients.
- Process purchase orders onto MRP system.
- Conduct contract reviews.
- Participate in client interface meetings to support the sales and project engineering departments.
- Participate in offsite meetings/exhibitions.
- Liaise with Clients on project design.
- Assist the project management team to convert client engineering requirements into detailed defined instructions and designs for the procurement and production departments.
- Provide quotation data in the form of layout drawings and technical assistance.
- Attend internal design reviews
- Assist in the development of design standards
Experience & Knowledge:
- 2-3 years business to business Sales / Account Management experience.
- Have experience or some exposure to Solidworks.
- Should be mechanically biased.
- Experience working within an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read engineers drawings.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to write technical quotes for Clients.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised - self-motivated.
- Experience of pressure retaining components.
- Hydraulic Power systems / fluid systems knowledge.
- Knowledge of British Standards for Engineering Draughting.
- Educated to A level standard or above.
Hours of work are 07.30 - 16.30 Monday to Thursday and 07.30 - 13.30 on Fridays. A competitive salary of £25-34k on offer for the right candidate.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration and interview.