Head of Engineering (Pharma)
Just Life Sciences are an Independent Recruitment consultancy based in Cardiff, providing Permanent, Contract and Temporary staff to the Life Sciences Sector.
We are currently looking for a Talented Engineer who is looking either for their next step or is looking for a great opportunity to develop a large Engineering Team.
You will be driven and creative and will be seen as the driver of the Engineering Department, reporting to the Operations Director, you will work on your own initiative managing the Engineering and Validation teams.
- Responsible for provision of maintenance services for the facility and equipment;
o Provide planned preventative and breakdown maintenance for all production on site.
o Provide planned preventative and breakdown maintenance for all Utilities on site.
o Provide planned preventative and breakdown maintenance for all facilities on site.
- Maintain the engineering budgets for the above
- Manage all Capital Projects and spend for the site ensuring all projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Ensure compliance with all company and regulatory health and safety requirements
- Assist in developing and delivery of the site strategy.
- Develop a site wide maintenance management system
- Ensure the team has sufficient skills, knowledge and training to fully support the operational team.
- To be a strong supporter for Continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for provision of validation services across the site;
o Ensure the sites validation systems are maintained in a compliant manner.
o Ensure the Site Validation Master Plan is maintained and current.
o Ensure adequate resourcing is available to provide site validation services.
- Maintain the validation budgets for the above
- Ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Fully support the CSV roll out across site
- To identify self-development need for future performance.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific internal or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities and responsibilities.
- This position has authority for expenditure as defined in the Purchasing Authority Levels document.
- Ensure all teams maintain their training and development records achieving compliance with site targets.
- The job holder is responsible for adhering to the company's SOPs, Health & Safety, GMP and other regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain a knowledge of industry updates and regulations and apply these across the relevant departments
- Degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in world class leading manufacturing operations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical engineering systems, both Utilities and processing equipment.
- Validation experience
- Continuous Improvement or lean 6 sigma experience
- Strong knowledge of Validation requirements and quality management systems within pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Strong process analytical and problem solving skills, practical experience of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Standardised Work, Problem Solving, VSM, TPM, SMED, Kaizen and OEE.
- Demonstrate how your improvement projects have delivered real sustainable results both financially and behaviourally.
- Ability to identify, initiate and lead improvement/concept initiatives and training.
- Ability to set and drive through an agenda.
- Must be able to gain credibility amongst colleagues and the Senior Management Team.
- Able to contribute effectively across the company and add value.
- Proven track record of managing large teams.
- Proven track record in cost control, health and safety, management of quality systems and change management programmes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in developing TPM or similar initiatives.
If you are interested in the above position then please contact Justyn Withey at Just Life Sciences dot com