Financial Controls Manager
If you are an immedtialy available qualified accountant and intested in this role please apply asap.
Our client, a large financial services organisation with an impressive growth history is currently looking for a qualified accountant to undertake a Financial Controls manager role for an initial 9 month period.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure all balance sheet accounts across the group are reconciled monthly in line with the group reconciliation policy and material differences are identified with action plans to fix issues. To manage the month end process, including identifying process improvements, to ensure the general ledger is updated and reported as efficiently and accurately as possible.
You will also have management responsibility for two members of staff in the Uk and abroad
Further responsibilities include:
- Coordinating balance sheet reconciliation process for the group.
- Managing the unreconciled differences and driving change to ensure rectification in a timely manner.
- Running the balance sheet control group held monthly to discuss reconciliation issues.
- Additionally to lead quality improvement across the group and hold monthly balance sheet quality reviews
- Month end management, coordinating the processing of head office journals, ledger reviews and transactions posted in our off shore team.
- Facilitating the working day 7 analytical review meeting with the Group Financial Control Manager.
- Taking the lead on Share Based Payment accounting and monthly reconciliation across the group, ensuring compliance with IFRS rules
- Develop and document procedures and processes for all key accounting judgement areas
- Authorising sun chart of account changes, authorising setting up new supplier accounts, authorising treasury payments.
- Liaising with Sun admin to ensure the chart of account hierarchies are set up in the optimum way for Statutory, Management and Regulatory reporting 1st Sign off for head office monthly control evidence including the wording of key controls ensuring focus is the right area
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a financial control role within the financial services industry is desirable
- Previous experience of the month end close process is essential
- Previous experience using Excel to an advanced level is essential
- Previous line management experience is essential
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Financial Controls Manager - Kent - Accountancy and Finance