An IT managed services provider are recruiting within their Procurement team for an additional person to purchase IT goods and services, for their customers. Applicants need excellent relationship building skills, and have experience in the IT industry.
Working within the Procurement Team, this additional person will report to the Purchasing Manager and have the job title of IT Procurement Specialist. The IT Procurement Specialist will purchase IT goods and services from IT distributors and re-sellers across EMEA region, on behalf of customers. The IT Procurement Specialist will liaise with customers to understand their purchasing requirement, and then engage the most suitable supplier. A background in IT procurement is not essential, but applicants will need experience in the IT industry and have knowledge of distributors, publishers and products in the IT industry.
Specific duties of the IT Procurement Specialist include:
1. Ensure requests for quotes are processed within agreed SLAs.
2. Provide accurate reporting on the status of open/closed quotes and purchase orders to customers
3. Sourcing and Procurement of IT goods and services across EMEA
4. Negotiation of payment terms and prices with suppliers
5. Evaluate supplier price, quality, and delivery performance
6. Introduce new suppliers to the vendor database
7. Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and suppliers
8. Work closely with Sales Support to maximise customer satisfaction
9. Keep abreast of market changes affecting pricing of IT goods and services
10. Contribute to a forward-thinking, and dynamic environment
IT Procurement Specialist applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Experience within the IT sector
2. Knowledge of IT sector, products, goods & services, and publishers
3. Commercial experience - Sourcing, Buying, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Account Management, Sales etc.
4. Experience in building business relationships with suppliers and customers across EMEA region
5. Able to negotiate, and influence suppliers / stakeholders