Head of English - Secondary - Bexley - Permanent
Forward thinking and rapidly improving Bexley School (South East London). They are recruiting for a permanent Head of English. This is a full time appointment to commence in September 2017.
Co Educational larger than average Secondary School in the borough of Bexley. This school is improving and the Head has taken swift action to deal with challenging circumstances. The Head is working closely with SLT and governors effectively to ensure the safety of all pupils. The teaching is from KS3 - 5 with a 'Good' sixth form. This is an excellent time to join a school where you can essentially put your 'stamp' in the department! The students engage well to inspiring, engaging and dedicated teachers who can build an excellent rapport. The school is looking for Good to Outstanding practitioners who are passionate about what they do and would like to make a difference.
The Head would like to employ an experienced English Teacher / Teacher of English for a permanent Head of English appointment. The successful experienced English Teacher / Teacher of English / 2IC will be inspirational and ambitious & can essentially demonstrate Outstanding Classroom Practice. Essentially this post would require someone who has a track record of improving an English department across the Key Stages. This role would require a forward thinking & successful English Teacher / Teacher of English / HOD. This post would suit someone who is either an experienced English Teacher (NOT an EAL/EFL/ESL, ESOL etc post)/ Coordinator/ 2IC OR already a Head of English. This is a full time permanent appointment for the successful experienced Teacher.
What they are looking for...
- Must have a UK recognised Teaching Qualification (PGCE/ QTS/ GTP etc)
- Experienced English Teacher / Head of English (NOT and EAL/ TESOL/ EFL/ESL etc post)
- Either a Head of English/ 2IC / Coordinator / English Teacher / AST
- Mainstream School Teaching
- Excellent Track Record of Improving a Department
- Exceptional Subject Knowledge of the Curriculum
- Able to demonstrate a 'Good' to 'Outstanding' lesson
- Impeccable Managerial, Leadership experience and qualities
- Inspirational, Creative & Enthusing practitioner
What they can offer...
- Permanent September 2017 Appointment
- Salary offering between MPS or UPS
- Full Time Post
- The Opportunity to make your 'stamp' in the department
- Dedicated & Supportive Team