Finance and Reconciliations Officer
An innovative and growing insurance firm in Cardiff is looking to appoint a highly credible and bright individual who is looking for an entry level role within the finance sector.
As a Finance and Reconciliations Officer you will report to the Financial Controller and be responsible for processing insurer commission statements promptly as they arrive and reconciled to in-house accounting records. The Reconciliation Officer is focused on the accounting function of commission input and commission anomaly reconciliation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure potential cancellations are tasked for action appropriately.
- Report any losses, irregularities and/or variances identified during the preparation of the reconciliations
- Ensure all entries are accurately posted to the Company’s financial accounting system promptly, in order to assist with the swift reconciliation of bank statements
- Bank reconciliation - ensure that bank transactions reconcile with the commission statements received.
- Update commission rates on the Portal when required.
- Assistance in general accounting functions e.g. payroll, purchase ledger
For this role you will need to have excellent communication skills with the ability to demonstrate superb verbal and written techniques.
Experience in Reconciliations is desirable and a background within Financial services or a similar regulated environment will be beneficial although candidates with some finance administration experience will also be considered. You will be expected to have well developed IT skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook with excellent time management skills. Attention to detail is key and you must conduct yourself with adherence to process at all times.
If you feel you can take this role on then please don’t hesitate to apply today!