Purchase Ledger Clerk
My client is a subsidiary of a large multinational company trading across Europe. This role is based in North Manchester and is intended to support the current team of one senior accountant and two assistants.
The successful candidate will be an individual with real drive and ambition with the ability to streamline processes and procedures. The company offer a fun and friendly work environment with huge career scope for the right candidate.
Duties will include-
- Processing of supplier invoices (purchase order / non purchase order) and employee expenses
- Payment of suppliers and electronic issuing of remittances
- Reconciliation of AP balances against supplier statements
- Investigation and resolution of query AP accounts
- Processing of sales invoices (from packing slips)
- Allocation of cash against accounts receivable balances (as advised)
- Completion of bank reconciliations
- Preparation of month end journals
- Monthly Reconciliation of AP an AR ledgers
- Must have experience of processing AP/AR transactions in a busy finance department
- Ideally have experience of Accounting software
- Ideally previous experience as an Accounting Associate / Accounts Payable Clerk
- Ideally be studying or have a relevant qualification
Be a competent user of all Microsoft Office applications i.e. excel, word
This role is being recruited on a temporary to permanent basis.