Property Conveyancing Paralegal
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for an established and extremely successful Lettings Agency and Property Development Company located in South London who operates mainly within the M25 area. This role is for a Property Conveyancing Paralegal that has a strong legal academic background and some experience, specifically in property conveyancing.
YOU MUST HAVE A LEGAL ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
YOU MUST BE CONFIDENT WITH STRONG VERBAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
YOU MUST BE HIGHLY ORGANISED AND HAVE ATTENTION TO DETAIL
THIS ROLE IS ALSO OPEN FOR PARTIALLY EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES TOO, WANTING TO ENTER THE PROPERTY CONVEYANCING INDUSTRY
Our Client is a property development company based in Croydon and have constructed over 800 residential dwellings in the last two years in the South East. They have an award winning in-house Managing Agent, which currently manages over 1,500 properties with long-term secure government contracts. Their core business is to acquire and develop suitable sites for residential accommodation with the aim to continue providing social housing solutions to the market, as they have been doing for the last seven years. They are backed by a private equity fund and have lending facilities of up to £200m in place to utilise towards their development models.
In this full-time position, you will be responsible for 'property transactional’ type work (whether acquiring, selling or mortgaging) and such relevant experience is necessary. Our client is progressive and forward thinking, who are committed to providing a high level of service to all Clients. They are currently looking to recruit a Property Conveyancing Paralegal into their busy property development department. The successful Residential & Commercial Property Paralegal will be supporting Solicitors and Lawyers on a number of matters, advising on a wide range of commercial property transactions including leases, secured lending, Landlord & Tenant disputes and buying and selling of freehold properties. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but growing team, who are highly client focused and ensure that all employees are well supported in order to provide an outstanding service.
To be successful, the candidate must be a confident individual who can work well under pressure and well within a team. Being able to work within a 'collaborative’ setting, possessing the ability to multi-task and organise themselves efficiently, is critical to this role.
Ideally, you will have had experience in a similar role, holding at least 1 years’ experience. You must be articulate, hold excellent organisational skills and you will be expected to offer clear input and advice on your findings, providing reports to management when required. The successful candidate must be able to clearly communicate and deliver accurate information efficiently and in good time. You must be a confident individual who is happy to work autonomously and within a team. You must have a strong academic background too, holding a legal academic qualification.
Our Client operates in a fast moving environment with lots of deadlines, so the candidate needs to be organised, diligent and have attention to detail. You must be able to take your own initiative, carry a professional approach at all times, work proactively and work to tight deadlines. The role pays a basic salary of between £25,000 - £27,000, based on experience.
- Be the first point of contact with our Client’s Solicitors in regards to all the conveyancing work
- Assisting with the three main areas of work - acquiring, selling and mortgaging of property assets
- Ad-hoc work in regards to overseeing lease negotiations, analysing our legal agreements and other work that may arise
- To oversee work carried out by Solicitors to ensure that deadlines and targets are met as required
- Also assist Solicitors by providing them with all necessary information and documentation
- Co-ordinating the legal requirements of our Client and its funders (Banks and Venture Capital firms)
- Working through Conditions Precedent (CP) lists, which contain the list of all items that need to be satisfied in order for transactions to be completed, whether from our Client or from its Funders
- Other duties may also include work which may not strictly be classified as being 'legal’ however that still forms a part of the job role at hand (i.e. providing Solicitor’s with up-to-date insurances, arranging for Company set-up etc…..)
- Providing Solicitors with instructions as-and-when required to any queries raised
Knowledge, Experience & Attributes
- Law degree or other legal qualification
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working in conveyancing, either residential or commercial, a mixture being preferable
- Experience dealing with Land Registry Applications, SDLT Form completions and assisting with the 'Opening and Closing’ of files
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Strong IT skills and an excellent working knowledge of MS Applications
- Must be highly organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- A warm, energetic, enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be resilient and calm under pressure
- Must be confident, persistent and professional at all times
- Must be approachable and proactive