Head of FP&A
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Head of FP&A for a highly profitable yet diverse business based in Birmingham who continue to experience significant growth. This role will be to improve the quality of the forecasting and management information and will report directly to the MD. This is a newly created role and will take on a senior position within the finance team but will see you working very closely with Operations to understand, analyse and model business growth and evaluate areas for improvement across all geographies in which the business operates.
The role of Head of FP&A is seen as a key development position within the Group and will suit someone who has a real “value add” mentality where you will see the impact of what you do in both the short and long term. As well as offering the chance to operate in an inclusive and highly proactive environment, this role will offer autonomy and real career progression. You will be self-motivated with the drive and ambition to succeed in a fast paced environment.
The successful Head of FP&A will be working for a highly profitable business who operate across the UK and Europe with a T/O of approx. £250 million but with large growth plans ahead. They offer a very good working environment that has a supportive culture and encourages staff to reach their full potential. The successful candidate will have a proactive nature and the ability to engage credibly at senior level.
As the Head of FP&A you will undertake the following:
- Work with the MD, FD and Senior Managers to fully explain and focus on the key financial aspects of the Group looking forward.
- Analyse current performance, significant financial evaluation will be needed for Investment and other Project options
- Produce consolidated board packs and presentations
- Manage the annual business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes of the Group
- Ensure that the incurred, committed and forecast costs of each relevant department are accounted for accurately, in a timely manner and meeting the requirements of the accounting policies and controls environment of the Group
- Develop and embed effective reports and KPIs to aid management decisions across all areas of the business – Sales, Purchasing, Marketing etc
- A key focus is on the Sales teams across the Group to highlight opportunities and areas of poor or declining performance
- Challenge and enhance the efficiency, controls and effectiveness of all aspects within the Group
- Provide competitor and market analysis to help strategic and tactical direction
- Be involved and lead on a number of ad hoc “value add” projects
As the successful Head of FP&A will be:
- A qualified accountant with approx. 5 years PQE
- Ability to produce and understand reporting across a multi-site environment
- Strong excel skills and ERP systems exposure
- Ability to engage with both finance and operations at a senior level
- Sharp but with a sense of humour
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Head of FP&A:
- Salary £60k / £70k
- Car or Car Allowance
- 20% Bonus
- Career Progression