Pensions Actuary - Trainee to Qualified
My client is a pensions and investment consultancy currently looking to recruit part qualified and/or newly qualified actuaries to join the business on a permanent basis.
Due to growing demand for their services, I am looking for highly capable actuaries with strong mathematical backgrounds and great communication skills. Reporting to the team leader or partner you will be part of the pensions actuarial team to work with a portfolio of clients.
- Calculate complex individual member calculations, check straightforward calculations and progressing to checking more complex calculations
- Undertake the bulk of the calculations for an actuarial valuation
- Reviewing draft actuarial reports
- Draft member communications
- Understand requirements of Pensions Regulator and offering advice on compliance
- Understand calculation of PPF levies and providing advice on ways to reduce levy
- Production of Company accounting disclosures
- General consultancy, dealing with clients', and third party, telephone queries and day to day correspondence providing technical advice where needed
- Client management, taking responsibility for allocation and completion of work, and meeting deadlines, working directly with senior members of the client teams
- Attend client meetings and take an active role where applicable
- Aim to explain technical pensions issues clearly in plain English (in both written and verbal communication)
- Part qualified or qualified actuary
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills to perform all aspects of work efficiently
- Developing presentation skills to a small audience
- Good understanding of the basics of pensions
In return you will receive market leading study support (for part qualified actuaries), an excellent development programme and the work life balance that you require to be successful.