Business Manager/Mortgage & Protection Advisor
My clients business, a long established and well respected local mortgage and protection advice firm are looking for a Manager to oversee the business on a day to day basis.
My client has 6 authorised Advisors most of whom have worked for the company for over a decade. In addition they are 4 part time administrative staff and a Compliance Supervisor.
As my clients Business Manager you will be required to monitor and influence the performance of the advisers and this will involve the following:
- You will need to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the team using such things as the examination of performance statistics and carrying our regular 'one to ones’.
- You will endeavour to improve individual performances via coaching, training etc.
- You will organise and present team meetings.
- You will keep the team advised of ongoing performance to encourage a competitive atmosphere.
- You will maintain contact with introducers to ensure that they are happy with the service and support provided.
- You will identify and recruit more introducers whilst ensuring that the exercise is profitable to the company.
- You will oversee and manage the administrative staff including the para-planners.
- You will recruit and train further advisors where the need arises.
- You will organise and ensure the company’s marketing is efficient, cost effective and compliant.
- You will undertake other projects as they arise.
In addition, the successful applicant is required to become PTFS authorised to sell mortgages and protection, the above requirements will be in addition to providing mortgage and protection advice yourself on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate will be a qualified to advise on mortgage and protection and have a strong motivation to succeed in selling.
In addition he or she must be honourable and meet the high standards of compliance required.
This person must be computer literate, with good communication skills at all levels and be able to relate to his/her colleagues, introducers and clients.
The successful candidate should have the experience and ability to exercise sound judgement.
A package exists which consists of a basic salary plus an override on team performance and a commission structure for individual performance.
The level of pay will reflect the successful candidate’s experience and ability.