Head of Bids
FTSE100 Global Organisation - Head of Bids - Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
This role will operate at both a strategic and operational level and will play an important part in the overall management and direction of the business.
The role sits within one of its most successful project winning divisions and offers good career development opportunities and a fantastic benefits package.
Role and responsibilities include:
Responsible for the quality of tenders across all business streams, ensuring that they are:
- Aligned with the win strategy for the opportunity
- Approved for submission by the business in a timely manner
- High quality, compelling proposals
- Submitted in a timely manner
- Completed to the agreed budget
- Role is to lead on bid winning activity through management of process and business winning team
- Will be required to act in a wider leadership role, pulling together resources and information from other functions e.g. engineering, finance, procurement, projects etc.
- Must have experience with 'gated processes' i.e. steps within the bidding process
- Must be a strong communicator, influencer, innovator and disciplined
- Must have had experience managing the process and delivering on large scale, multi-million pound bids and tenders
- Design & Build equipment on surface ships and subs
- Equipment management - supply of equipment, support contracts, logistics support
- Project values range from £25m to £300m +
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Leadership - Ability to lead and motivate large teams
- Due to the complex nature of the bids ideally the candidate will come from a defence background
- Communication Skills - Ability to liaise at all levels and secure the confidence of Division and Group during the approval cycle
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry would be beneficial
- Strategic amd innovative thinking
- Team working/alliancing behaviours
- Project Management skills - Resource management, governance; APM or APMP accreditation or appropriate experience
In return my client looks to offer a competitive salary plus substantial company benefits.
If you are interested please apply ASAP with an up to date CV.