Senior Project Manager, Wakefield, £65,000
Senior Project Manager, Wakefield, £65,000
A very successful West Yorkshire based business, who’s customers are some of the largest utilities companies in the UK are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the team. You will have the below skills set, if you are interested in this vacancy please contact Andrew Knight from Amrec Recruitment.
1. Project Management
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of the business and its customers.
- Manage multiple and/or major projects safely, competently, and effectively to time and budget.
- Manage all financial aspects of projects.
- Ensure additional works are agreed prior to completion, valued and invoiced.
- Present Project Appraisals (cost value reconciliation) for projects/contracts.
- Ensure all sub-contractors are approved in line with company policies (VAMS etc).
- Ensure the Project meets all current legislation HASAWA, NRSWA C.O.S.H.H. etc.
- Assist in developing costs for schemes for quotation as required.
Review and monitor programme schedule using Project Management tools.
2. Health and Safety
- Implement the business, and customers, safety rules, instructions, standing orders and procedures.
- Prepare project safety and CDM plans and Risk Assessments as part of overall programme.
- Actively monitor teams within your line management responsibility.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project (design, planning, generic and Daily on Site).
- Ensure that all statutory records, certificates, licenses, notifications and notices are in place.
- Conduct site safety inspections and complete associated paperwork.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses and suitably reported, recorded and investigated and that remedial action is carried out promptly.
Report any concerns regarding QSHE to the QSHE team and your General Manager.
- Implement the businesses approach to Quality in all you do and complete all work to high standards.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement in processes and operations.
Ensure working practices and processes are followed.
4. Planning and organising
- Overview of projects to be completed and allocate resources accordingly.
- Plan for outages: assess loads, prepare contingency plans schedule switching/permitting
- Timetable activities within projects including provision of dates to S.A.P. engineers for projects.
Liaise with customer to manage critical dates.
- Work with teams to ensure safe, effective and efficient implementation of operations.
- Work closely with other Project Managers to ensure effective allocation of resources.
- Contribute to wider team: advise, share knowledge and experience based on expertise.
- Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks.
Manage and review performance of staff reporting to you and identify training needs.
- Represent the business to customers and individuals from other companies.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers and other external parties.
- Deal with all issues arising including investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
Liaise with the public to ensure smooth implementation of work.
Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering (or demonstrable level of achievement through experience)
Qualification in Project Management
Certificated in the following areas:
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety awareness
Experienced in managing large/multiple projects in the construction or electricity industries.
Skills and expertise
Sound project management skills and methodology.
Good people management skills.
Computer literate - skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Project.
Sound knowledge of H&S and its practical implications.
Knowledge of CDM regulations.
Customer focused - you anticipate and meet customer needs.Commercial awareness - you understand the arena you work in and know how to optimise results.Planning - you can see the big picture and understand the need to juggle priorities to get things done.Building relationships - you seek out and maintain effective relationships which enable you to achieve success.Communication - you are able to communicate clearly both in writing and the spoken word.
Developing others - you understand and promote the need to share knowledge and experience.