Junior Technical Designer - Solidworks 2464
Our client manufactures a variety of products for the construction and civil engineering industry; they are based in West Sussex and have a varied and interesting line of products and services. You would be joining a friendly team with a good sense of humour, the manage is extremely supportive and wants to see his team grow and develop.
They are looking to add Technical Design to join their team, you would be working in a modern, open plan office with plenty of parking and a great atmosphere.
What are they looking for?
- Competent using Solidworks or a similar design package, there will be a competency test at interview stage to check your way around Solidworks or AutoCAD
- Hands-on / site based construction role would be great but a desire to get in to the industry would suffice
- A qualification within in Product Design or something similar with a bias towards design skills
- Someone who is enthusiastic and passionate
- Must be able to read engineering and construction drawings
- Competent with AutoCAD - 2D minimum preferably 3D
- MUST have strong communication skills - verbal and written, this role involves regular contact with clients to ascertain their requirements and talk through solutions.
- A natural tendency for problem solving and thinking outside of the box to provide clients with solutions
This is a varied role which includes CAD drawing and detailing, take offs, estimating and project administration
Producing 2D drawings and 3D CAD models for pricing, customer approval and manufacture
Speaking to customers to understand their specific requirements
Handling customer inquiries through to order delivery
Liaison with production department on both product design, methods of manufacture and delivery schedules
Salary is circa £21'000 to £26000 per annum depending on experience, there is a company bonus scheme (based on personal and company performance), 20 days' holiday (plus Bank Holidays), good working environment/friendly team and a contributory pension scheme. Hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in this position or wish to discuss the opportunity further please contact or call .