Lead Practitioner for Science - The Hart School
The Hart School, Rugeley
Lead Practitioner for Science
Required September 2017
The Hart School opened in September 2016, beginning a new era of education for Rugeley. The school replaces Hagley Park Academy, Fair Oak Academy (the 2nd and 3rd most improved schools in Staffordshire over the last four years) and Rugeley Sixth Form Academy. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team with a commitment to raising standards and creating new opportunities for generations of students in Rugeley.
We seek to appoint a highly motivated, outstanding practitioner to join the extended leadership team and work closely with the teaching and learning team. The role would be ideal for an ambitious, enthusiastic and successful Science teacher looking to develop their career; or an existing curriculum leader with a track-record of high achievement and innovative practice.
The successful candidate will provide strong strategic leadership for raising standards of teaching within Science. If you have an absolute commitment to teamwork, sharing ideas, improving standards and have the ability to transform vision into reality, then we would like to hear from you.
Science is delivered by a dedicated specialist team of staff and is taught up to KS5 where it enjoys popularity and success. Rates of progress are above national expectations and will continue to improve.
The Executive Leadership Team is working closely with staff creating opportunities and developing innovative approaches to teaching. We are able to offer bespoke CPD package to support teachers at any stage of their career.
We are seeking a suitably qualified teacher who:
* Has the passion and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young people;
* Is enthusiastic and highly-motivated;
* Has the desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement;
* Is an ambitious and inspirational leader with the ability to motivate others;
* Is a team player who builds upon the strengths of those around you;
In return we can offer:
* A key leadership role in a growing and successful school;
* Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn;
* A well-resourced school with excellent facilities;
* The backing of a supportive and innovative academy sponsor;
* The Hart School provide the Simply Health Cash Plan for their staff to help cover check-ups and medical treatment such as physiotherapy, osteopathy and acupuncture. Gym membership is discounted.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Hays Education if you would like to arrange this.
For more information and to request a full application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site:
Closing date: midday on Friday 19th May 2017.
The Hart School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.