Compliance, Regulatory Change Project Management
An exciting new opportunity has become available within a reputable bank for a Regulatory Change Compliance Officer.
Duties to include:
- Key pieces of regulatory change are EMIR, MiFID2, MAR and GDPR.
- Perform gap assessments and work with the business to close out the gaps from these regulations.
- Responsible for delivering key and complex projects within the organisation. A very hands-on role working with the business to implement changes required.
- Report on status and monitor the day to day execution of the change programme.
- Review and update all relevant policies and procedures within the organisation.
- Provide bank-wide training to all staff as required and assist in identifying compliance-related training needs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other departments.
- Refer issues to your line manager as required.
Assist in all other tasks, periodic, ad hoc or otherwise, as directed by the Head of Compliance & Legal.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Hands on experience of delivery change projects.
- Strong project management skills. Ideally some formal qualification in Project and Programme Management (e.g. PRINCE 2).
- Strategically minded, with the ability to think and react quickly to change, negotiate through ambiguity whilst remaining committed to delivery.
- Experience of working in a Compliance department, at a regulator or in a regulatory control department / similar function of a financial institution.
- Good knowledge of compliance issues in wholesale, retail and international banking.
- Working knowledge of regulatory rules.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the industry codes relating to compliance.
- Strong report writing skills.
This is 12 month fixed term contract and the client will be paying a competitive salary.