Lab Technician/Assistant Optics
Lab Technician/Assistant (Optics)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, UP TO £30K DOE, PORTISHEAD, BRISTOL
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join a world leading organisation in Distributed Acoustic Sensing, based at their facility in Portishead. They are looking for an Optics Lab Technician to join their Optical Fibre Sensing Research & Development team. The role will include working on laboratory test setups and sensor prototypes, as well as supporting the production team in periods of peak demand and day-to-day laboratory housekeeping.
Day to day
- Fibre-optic splicing & construction of Fibre-optic test setups
- Making optical measurements using existing equipment or using dedicated experimental setups
- Test and repair of production optical systems in periods of high demand
- Ensuring calibrated equipment is properly labelled and arranging routine external calibration and maintenance as required
- Ensure lab consumables are replenished
- Ensure lab equipment is properly stored & maintained
- Ensure lab work areas are kept clean and tidy by users
Required skills & experience
We are looking for someone who is able to pick up practical tasks quickly and has an analytical way of thinking. Ideally you will have a minimum of GCSEs in Science, Maths and English. On the job training and development will be provided to someone with the right attitude, so if you think you have what it takes, apply online today to be considered for an interview!
If you are successful, we will need to put you through Ministry of Defence security clearance.